Deal Review Playbook
“10x.pub Angels” is a panel of investors sharing insights and discussing venture deals.
On-call is the organizer of our deal review in a rotation of one person per week.
On-call collects and filters deals
We keep a record of the deal flow. This is because it takes years to build a business - the median number is 11 years for SaaS companies to go from zero to IPO. In addition, we do not always get investor updates. Thus it is crucial to keep track of the deal flow so that we can come back to it later and reflect on ourselves with historical data.
Here is how our on-call collects data every week,
- Upload all deals. From Monday to Friday, on-call sources deals and uploads the investment memo and pitch deck onto our shared folder. We do not filter out deals at this step.
- Normalize data. On-call screens those deals from last Saturday to this Friday.
- check if we have reviewed the deal before
- filter out ones matching any of these criteria
- Locations from the middle east and Africa
- Industries among biotech, nuclear energy, and gambling
- put candidate deals onto our data tables, with these fields: company name, screener, industry, website, pitch, round, raises, pre-money, post-money, ARR, and date
On-call Moderates Discussions
On-call will host our weekly discussion as well.
- 40 min for Deals Review
- 20 min for Reading Group
On-call updates our knowledge base
After the discussion, the on-call summarizes the reading materials into our shared knowledge base hosted at https:.//10x.pub.